Under 18 students
If you are under 18 years old, you can book a course at LILA* with the following options:
Junior - aged 12-17, booked on a junior programme (summer or out of season), as part of a group
- Young Adult - aged 16-17, booked on an adult course (all year), as an individual or part of a group
Under 18 students only: 07721 852035
Important information update for Young Adults
Please read the full document here if you are a Young Adult or if you are booking a course for a Young Adult.
After recent accreditation and legal updates, we’re now doing more than ever to ensure the safety, welfare and enjoyment of Young Adults (16-17s booking onto adult courses at LILA*). Please note the following key things for 2018 (and click here for more information):
- LILA* has to book airport transfers for all Young Adults (£85 one way from Manchester Airport and £40 one way from Liverpool John Lennon Airport), unless they are accompanied by a family guardian on arrival
- All pre-arrival information to be received 2 weeks in advance of the start date. If you have a late booking request (within two weeks of the student’s requested start date), please feel free to get in touch with LILA* to see if we can accommodate this. However, we can’t guarantee availability for Young Adults at this short notice.
- Even better communications with parents, hosts and the students themselves.
- In 2018, we will soon have available translations of our Young Adult Agreement into the parents’ languages so they can feel confident about their child’s welfare. So we can take great care of their child, some key things parents will be asked are:
- If they consent to LILA* hosts providing some common over-the-counter medicines (e.g. paracetamol or cough syrup), unless the parents warn us of allergies or of any medicines that we should avoid for their child.
- To give their approval for safe, overnight stays their child wishes to arrange outside of their homestay.