Cambridge Exams | Exam Tips
We are coming up to a very important time for those taking CAE and FCE. All over the world, exam candidates are making their last minute preparations - ‘Do I have everything?’, ‘Is there anything I have forgotten?’ These questions and many more will be asked in every waking hour (and probably in sleep too) between now and the exam.
Well, here are LILA’s tips for making exam day run as smoothly as possible:
- Try to get a good night’s sleep.
- Check the date and time of the exam. Read all the emails you have received - they all contain important information.
- Bring the same ID document that you used to register. If you used an ID card, don’t bring your passport.
- Get to the exam early. If you are late, you may not be able to take the exam. If you arrive just in time, it may affect your concentration. Don’t let heavy traffic spoil what you have worked so hard for.
- Listen to all the instructions. This is the real thing - the instructions are important and may be different from the practice test you have done.
- Note the start and end time according to the clock in the room. Not your own watch.
- Make sure you transfer all your answers to the answer sheet.
- Take your phone, food or fizzy drinks into the exam. All you belongings will be locked away for the whole time of the exam.
- Panic. If it seems you cannot answer any questions, take a deep breath and take your time. You will soon realise that there are lots of things you do know.
- Worry about what answers the others had. Just because they all have a different answer from you does not mean they are right and you are wrong.
Want to take the FCE/CAE exam? Read about our Exam Preparation courses here.