Life at LILA* - Young Adults (16-17yo)
At LILA* we welcome students aged 16-17 onto our adult courses with parental consent. Young adult students will be mixed with students aged 18 + during their time with us and whilst they are welcomed onto an adult course we have put some extra support in place to cater to their age.
Safeguarding for Young Adults
- Can access adult programmes with parental consent.
- Can attend our social programme unaccompanied/unsupervised if age appropriate. For example walking tours, museum visits and weekend excursions to local cities.
- Can travel by public transport to other areas outside of Liverpool IF safeguarding deems it's safe and reasonable to do so and with parental consent (restrictions may be put in place as deemed appropriate).
- Will be mixed with adults.
- May have no supervision when not on a LILA* scheduled activity.
- Must book an airport transfer with LILA*.
- Must be in accommodation by 11pm every night with no exception.
- Must not stay overnight anywhere but their allocated accommodation. In special circumstances overnight stays that are not in approved accommodation must be approved by LILA’s safeguarding team prior to booking. The decision of the safeguarding team may override parental consent.
- Must not buy or consume alcohol, cigarettes or other illegal substances.
Additional level of care
At LILA*, we have a healthy focus on the safety and welfare of young people. LILA* staff know which students are ‘Young Adults’, and we know that it can sometimes be an overwhelming time whilst settling into a new school/country. For this reason we offer an additional level of care including:
- Additional induction for young adults with a specific young adult focus.
- Weekly welfare checks with safeguarding team.
- Access to 24 hour emergency contact.
- Coloured lanyards to identify young adults to staff and other students.
- Parent contact details obtained to ensure regular contact if needed.
- Dedicated Young Adult contacts in the school:
As soon as our young adults book a course they will be provided with our Young Adult Welcome Pack. This gives students and parents all the key information about:
- Preparing for your trip
- What to expect on arrival
- Parental agreement
- Student code of conduct
- Time at LILA* - course, accommodation & activities
- Life in the UK
You can view our Young Adult Welcome Pack here.