Living in Liverpool
The city of Liverpool‘s reputation is more than its vibrant and friendly nature. With a global reputation for culture, music, sport and its beautiful waterfront, Liverpool has so much to offer.
Rich in culture and proud of its heritage, Liverpool has more galleries and museums than any other UK city apart from London which is open all year round for you to learn about more about this cultural hotspot.
Renowned for its teaching and research excellence, Liverpool is a magnet for young professionals who are looking to make their career dreams become a reality.
Add an unrivalled nightlife scene, impressive shopping areas throughout the city and nearby, beautiful local beaches and wildlife havens, what more could you ask for?
Liverpool was voted the 5th Best Destination to visit in the UK in 2015 on Tripadvisor – read more here.
Things to do & visit in Liverpool
The music capital of the world:
- Visit the famous Cavern Club on Mathew Street – just 5 minutes from LILA*!
- The Beatles Story
- ‘Magical Mystery Tour’ including visits to Penny Lane and Strawberry Field
- There are many music festivals throughout the year
- Live music in pubs, bars and clubs in the city centre
History & culture:
- Liverpool Museum
- World Museum
- Tate Gallery
- Albert Dock which has the largest collection of Grade I listed buildings in the UK
- Liverpool One shopping district
- Independent shops, bars and cafes dotted across the city
- Two of the biggest Premiership football teams, Liverpool and Everton, are located in the city at Anfield and Goodison Park and their homes are just across the park from one another
- Grand National at Aintree Racecourse every April
- Royal Liverpool Golf Club which hosts numerous Open Championships