Residence Co-ordinator (Summer Role)
To oversee safe and enjoyable accommodation stays for group and individual international students aged 12-17 in their city-centre residence over the summer.
The Residence Co-ordinator will work closely with the Juniors Centre Manager, Operations Manager, Foreign Group Leaders, Activity Leaders and other staff at LILA*. The role includes providing practical help and pastoral care for welfare needs, alongside delivering on strong organisation and encouraging responsibility around expectations for under-18s.
|Job Title||Residence Co-ordinator|
£19,000 - £21,000
Accommodation included for all nights in period.
|Date range||22/06/2020 - 08/08/2020|
|Hours||Approximately 35-40 hours per week|
Mornings and curfew times, 5/7 days/nights per week
Fridays until Saturday evenings free
Some weekend hours, particularly Sundays
|Holidays||Flexibility given to arrange holidays around graduations, weddings or special requests.|
Appointment to the role will be subject to pre-appointment suitability checks.
How to apply
Please apply for this role by sending your CV with a covering note to Fergus Cook at email@example.com.
|Initial application deadline||24/02/2020|
|Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by||04/03/2020|
Applicants who have not been shortlisted for interview cannot all be contacted. However, all candidates may contact the school for feedback on their application.
For an informal chat about this role, please contact Fergus Cook at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0151 707 0909.
At LILA*, we aim to create an environment where the talents of the individual, student and staff alike, are maximised. We will do this by:
- Ensuring a complete student experience
- Offering a wide variety of courses and a flexible approach
- Delivering great value for money
- Maintaining a fresh, contemporary environment
Our mission is simple: LILA* - love to learn.
Key responsibilities for the role of Residence Co-ordinator
- Co-ordinate welcomes and departures for teen groups and individuals aged 16-17.
- Work closely with the Junior Centre Manager and Operations Manager based at LILA*’s school premises, controlling such aspects as: room allocation, residence expenses, and laundry management.
- Liaise with residence staff to resolve any complaints or requests from students or Group Leaders regarding their accommodation.
- Liaise with and support the Activity Leaders on night shift duty, whose duties include: co-ordinating breakfast deliveries, supervising curfews, providing ad-hoc/welfare support, and being on call for any emergencies while sleeping over at the residence.
- Be available on the residence emergency phone while onsite (though not during the 2/7 weeknights when off-duty).
- Maintain safety standards, including implementing: the programme rules for under-18s as relevant to the premises; industry safeguarding protocol; and health & safety and fire procedures.
- Perform any other duties as could otherwise be reasonably expected according to the needs of the company.
Essential skills & experience
- Good levels of enthusiasm, organisation, relationship-building, authority and resilience.
- Positive prior experience(s) working in some capacity with children (especially teenagers).
- An excellent command of English (minimum C1).
Desirable skills & experience
- Prior experience(s) working in accommodation environments.
- Safeguarding and/or first aid certification, and an active awareness of safety and risks.
- Knowledge of effective pastoral care for teens: encouraging responsible behaviour and responding appropriately to any discipline or welfare concerns.
- An ability to build rapport with a range of stakeholders using friendly and professional communication, and where necessary staying calm and handling conflict or complaints in accordance with company training.
- Responsible conduct on- and off-duty to safeguard the company’s reputation.
NB: this job description is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive and does not form part of your contractual terms.
Employment of ex-offenders
LILA* has an Employment of Ex-offenders Policy. Having a criminal record will not necessarily bar you from working with us. This will depend on the nature of the position and the circumstances and background of your offence(s).
Equal opportunities employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. The aim of our policy is to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of sex, marital status, age, disability, race, religious belief, gender re-assignment, sexual orientation or political opinion nor should they be disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which are neither justified nor relevant to the job. Selection criteria and personnel procedures will be reviewed regularly to ensure that individuals are recruited, promoted and treated in all other ways purely on the basis of merit and ability to do the job for which they have applied.
Applicant privacy notice
LILA* must collect your personal information to meet its legal duties and operational needs. Your information will be retained for up to 1 year.
The information which you provide as part of your application will be processed in accordance with our obligations under General Data Protection Regulations 2018. In applying for this position, you are giving us consent to do so.
Please contact Victoria@lilalovetolearn.com for more information or refer to our Applicant Privacy Notice.